Today is the last day of 2010. I spent the day with my family, playing in a children’s discovery center. It wasn’t an overly special day, just a chance to get out of the house and have some fun. But as I watch the 4 younger kids (#1 son was clearly too old for the activities this place offered) I was think how blessed I am. It’s been a very good year. So as promised, here are my final thoughts on 2010.
1. What one thing has brought you the most delight in the last year? My family. Without a doubt or second thought, my family has brought many wonderful blessings, memories, and fun.
2. What one thing has brought you the most sadness in the last year? The condition of the culture we live in and how it negatively impacts the students we love. We have a lot of work to do.
3. What one thing are you glad to see come to a close at the end of the year? I am glad to see my state of uncertainty come to an end. I am where God wants me, doing what God wants me to do.
A look towards the year to come.
1. What do you hope to accomplish in the year to come? I want to see one of the two books I want to write be completed and published.
2. What mistake do you hope not to make in 2011? Missed time with my kids and wife and my students.
3. How will you live to glorify God in 2011? I want to live without fear, trusting that God is in total control and that I simply have to love and obey Him.
The new year offers a fresh start. Start it right!
Happy New Year!